Monday, February 23, 2009

New Update

Today has been a pretty rough day, Edward is still having a difficult time with his oxygen saturation, he is still bouncing around a lot. They also notice today his lungs are wetter then they would like and they have started measures to help dry them up. they are also starting to bat around how they are going to continue to supply Edward oxygen once the time comes to pull out his ventilator, due to Edward cleft lip and pallet they will not be able to supply him oxygen with the normal nose tubes or the over the nose cup. please start praying that they will be able to work out an effect way to provide the oxygen he will need to the later months of his NICU stay. on the good news side the obgyn here in Denver has set misty up with a visiting nurse that will come to her everyday to help clean and pack her c-section wound. It will be nice not to have to be the one cleaning and packing the wound, just because i won't have to be the one that puts misty through a lot of pain anymore. Well that is all for tonight I am sorry that don't have any pictures to upload this evening we didn't really get much of a chance today to take pictures. I will do my best to upload pictures tomorrow. We heard today that Michigan and China have been added to the list of where people are lifting Edward upto God in pray. Thank you all again for your continued pray, thoughts and support.

David

1 comment:

  1. Misty & David,
    My family, friends and churches full of our friends of our friends families etc. from Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, Ohio, Virginia, California, Texas, & North Carolina are all praying for you. We know exactly what you are going through as our son was born preemie too. Grandma Edwards, Toni, is Haydens babysitter. We really have enjoyed getting to know your family and have become very touched by your recent situation.

    All of the things that you are discussing in your blogs bring back so many recent memories. I just want you both to know that you are not alone. Little "E" as grandma says :) is a little miracle and such a fighter. He will amaze you every day. Each day will bring something new. There will be days that are up and then days that will be down.. Don't get discouraged! Support one another and share your emotions with one another. Also, please remember to take care of yourselves too. Little E has wonderful care and the best part of all he is in the lords hands as well. The lord will make sure that Little E is well taken care of.

    Misty I too stayed at the RM House here in Ohio. It is a wonderful place to not only lay your head and sleep/relax but it is also a wonderful place to make connections to people that are or maybe going through the same thing that you are. Make sure to use all the the hospital has to offer and always ask questions.

    I have followed your blog daily and look forward to seeing the updates when i get up each morning. I feel a close personal connection. If you ever need anything or just need to talk to someone outside of the hospital, and your surroundings please feel free to give me a call. Toni has my number. My mom and dad also live inbetween Greeley and Fort Collins Colorado (40 min. from Denver) and would love to come and visit. I also know how it feels to have parents far away and a baby in the NICU. My parents are in Colorado while I am here in Ohio. Similar to you...only opposite! :) Well, I told Toni I was not very good with words but I wanted to share with you my thoughts, suggestions, and open up my listening ear to you both. Take care and I will continue to spread the word of prayer to all I know and love. Thank you for the updates.
    Heather Dunn

    ReplyDelete