Sunday, February 22, 2009

It Daddy's turn to blog again, this time i won't disappoint, I got two really cute Pictures for you but unfortunately mommy stole my favorite and uploaded it last night. Overall everything is going pretty well for the time being. Edward receive his forth blood transfusion last night and everything went very smoothly. They gave his veins in this arms and legs a break this time and just used a vain on his head. apparently the veins on these little preemies heads are some of the better veins to use. lol I was just worry that they would poke his brain, they reassured me that will not happen. The transfusions are just to help him out, he still isn't really making any of this own blood so they have to keep give him some so that they can continue taking blood test as needed. Edward is also having issues with is o2 saturation, for the past two days he has been bouncing around quite abit. They have also started Edward on a little bit of caffeine, they are hoping that it will help stimulate his desire to take breaths on this own while he sleeps. We have been pretty impressed with his breathing while he is awake and even more so when mommy is taking to him. now were just hoping that the caffeine will help when he isn't awake. We are also excited due to the fact that they are increasings the amount of milk he is receiving from 2 cc every 6 hours to 4 cc every 4 hour. Misty and I will also be back to our little family for awhile due to Misty's Father and step mother flying back home tomorrow morning. Well that about all I have for tonight we will have more tomorrow. oh I have been asked by several people for our mailing address while we are here at the Ronald McDonald house so here it is. "Ronald McDonald House Attention: Menkens, 932 Potomac Circle. Aurora, Co. 80011"

I also wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts, prayer, and Comments, they mean so much to us. It is incredible how many people all over the USA beyond are praying for us. I would really like to figure out how far our updates about our little Edward are spreading. We already know that we have supporters in IL,IN,OH,AS,MS,CO,WY and Australia. Please, if you are able comment and let us know that you are praying for him and us and where you are from, It really means a lot to us.

David





5 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work. God knows all about it and we are lifting you all up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying from Michigan! I don't know if I mentioned this before, but your little man is the same age as our sweet baby boy that we're adopting (ours still being in utero). Your story has encouraged me to pray harder for our son and in return always reminds me to pray for yours. I can't wait to compare pictures this summer and stare at amazement at our two strong, healthy baby boys :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. David and Misty- am and have been praying from Columbus,OH since John sent me the bog address. Rory is astounded, David, that you are a Daddy! We know that you will be a wonderful parent... like yours are! Praying for wisdom for the medical team, sustenance for all who touch Edward's life.. rest when you get to rest.. and the sure knowlege of God's grace.. and that you are covered in prayer. WIth love,The Castrogiovanni's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been praying for your little guy ever since Greg called to let us know about him. We live in Oxford, Mississippi...we are praying, as are several friends at church. My mom is the Director of Student Health at Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas and all of her staff are praying for Edward. I am an Air Force Brat...my dad is retired from 34 years in..he now preaches for a congregation north of Searcy and they are praying for Edward. One of my sisters lives at Vandenberg AFB in California and she is praying for Edward. My brother teaches in China and he is also praying. As you can see, the prayers being lifted are WORLDWIDE! I truly believe they are being answered...thank you for all of the updates. We will keep praying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're praying out here in Raleigh, NC... A bunch of my friends here are praying for you via my facebook note... love you guys! Crystal (Ruark) Crabill and family.

    ReplyDelete