Monday, February 16, 2009

Misty's first post

hello everyone! This is Misty. I just want to say thank you so much for all your prayers and well wishes! you have no idea how much they mean! well here is what is going on in our very chaotic world.. as Loyal mentioned my c-section came open so I have kinda taken a few steps back in my recovery but that's ok because Edward has really made up for my crappy day by having a really great one! he is finally off his blood pressure medicine which is a huge step and because his blood pressure is good they now feel good about taking out his arterial line which will help with his little purple toes. we also found out they are going to possibly try and give him some breast milk tomorrow which makes me super happy because i finally feel like all my efforts with pumping are worth it! another great thing is they might turn off his billy lights which means he won't have to wear his big purple goggle things which make him look like a fly (my mom nicknamed him fly guy :) ) so all of that is wonderful news it just goes to show how powerful prayer is! so now on to the highlight of my day we were doing Edward's "cares" (which is changing his diaper, taking his temp and so on) anyway, they found out his respirator had moved so they had to fix it which was a blessing in disguise because they took off his goggles and he opened his right eye! i was so excited! then when they were fixing him we got to finally see his face and his cleft clearly. i promise I'm not bias but I'm pretty sure he is the most beautiful thing God has ever created! and now to top off my evening the nurse finally let me kiss him :) so I'm pretty much on cloud nine! well I have to go over to the hospital so they can show David how to tend to my wound but I will post a little more when we get back including some pretty great pictures! love you all!

~Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment