Sunday, March 1, 2009

sorry about last night

hey guys sorry last nights post was so short but I was at the hospital late and need to get some sleep. Edward gave his mommy quite a scare last night. He decided to stop breathing and they had to remove part of his ventilator tube (they didn't extabate him) and use a mask on him. it was crazy there were alarms going off like crazy and about a dozen nurses and doctors around him. so as you can tell it was a pretty stressful evening I had David write last nights post from his phone because i knew I was going to crash as soon as I set foot in the door of our room. anyway he seems to be doing a little better but we are still on rocky ground because they can't figure out what is wrong with his lungs. they are running some more cultures to check for infection again. they also think there may be something in his tube hindering him but we hope not because that would mean they would have to extabate him and reintabte which they say would be hard because of his size and short airway. so yeah keep Edward in your prayers because it has been a rocky couple of days. on the up side he has gained weight he is 1 pound 5 ounces and hes grown 1/2 an inch! oh and they are increasing his feeds everyday so now 5 cc's every 2 hours! well that's about it I'm gonna go head up to the hospital in a bit but I will leave you with some pictures took before everything went bad yesterday.
~Misty

love of my life
melting mommy's heart!
wide awake (daddy's nose and mommy's eyes!)
my looks are changing! I'm growing up!



3 comments:

  1. So sorry for the set back. I can't believe how much he's grown! He's starting to look like a little man - I love those open eye shots! We continue to keep your family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog site while searching for preemie sites on Facebook. I gave birth to a little boy in October who was 6 weeks early. Am keeping ya'll in our prayers, I know the NICU is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is soo beautiful. i am so sorry he had a set back, but is looks like hes getting better (since the first pictures). he is growing fast, which is really good. well i love you guys and miss you sooo much
    mary

    ReplyDelete