Sunday, March 29, 2009

Finally!

so as of 7pm tonight he is finally extibated! It took long enough! first they were going to do it on Saturday then it was supposed to be @ 11am today so I missed church so I could be there but then @ 10 till 11 they came and said closer to 1 and then 1 o'clock came and went and I got very upset because nobody was communicating with us so our nurse Sandy (who was amazing!) set it up so I can stay @ the hospital tonight and she got me 2 meal vouchers. well we pretty much thought it wouldn't happen until tomorrow but when they had done the chest x-ray earlier in the day it showed the tube was almost all the way out anyway so we kinda thought he might pull it out himself. well, when I came back from dinner I got the good news that they were going to try and do it @ 7 which amazingly actually did happen! so now I'm blogging really quick because I need to get back to the hospital. They said he might eventually get tired of breathing on his own and have to reintibate him so I really want to be there if that does happen. so Pray for Little E he has a long tough night ahead of him! ~Misty

oooh down to 27% oxygen last few minutes on the vent!
mommy and daddy and Little E right before the big event!

our family


yay they are going to take out my tube!
right after!
I finally got to see my little boys face!
getting used to my new gear!
still not so sure if I like this...

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Little Edward!!! And mom and dad too! Edward is beautiful! We check the site everyday and you guys are always in our prayers!

    Mary Osborne (Derrick's wife- Dent Magic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the picture of the three of you that says "our family" it is so beautiful!! he looks so happy to have that annoying tube out of him, now we can fully see his beautiful face!! i am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a milestone! rejoice over each one no matter how small. i have enjoyed reading your blog and will be following it and praying for your family as well. i know where you are at as our boys were born at 28.5 weeks.

    Josephine Lyttle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! What a handsom little face to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH how wonderful! He is just precious! We will continue to keep you, David and little bit in our prayers. I am relieved they were able to figure out a way for Edward to have the nasal canula. Things will be so much easier to manuver around... and you are clearly able to see his beautiful face. :) Keep strong and hold your heads/hearts high. You truely have been blessed with a little angel. Prayers to all. Thanks for updating each day. It is a part of my daily routine now, to check the blog each am. Take care!

    ReplyDelete